Experiments and new recipes
Spring is upon us! It’s time for BBQs and parties outside. I hope you have your grill fired up, it’s time for veggie shish ka bobs, veggie dogs and veggie burgers.
Aside from goofing off with my cousins and making dough of the playing kind, I haven’t been experimenting at all with new recipes.
A new season calls for some new ideas! But that aside, lets think about things we know and are good at!
Summer BBQs are great and can definitely be vegetarian friendly. There are plenty of meatless options! And do not forget about the cous cous and potato salad!
Some of my favorite summertime foods and products are:
1. Yves Veggie Hot Dogs
- Chili hot dogs with Boca Ground Beef Crumbles or Morningstar Farms Crumbles
- Italian Hot dogs: Stir fry with peppers and onions. Put it on a hoagie roll!
2. Trader Joes Masala Veggie Burger
- Put it on a toasted onion roll with sauteed onions, lettuce, tomatoes, spinach, and a slice of cucumber.
- Mess around with the condiments with this one, make it what you like.
3. Gardein Beefless Tips
- Shish-ka-bobs! Let these defrost a bit, then put them on a stick with veggies on the grill
- Use a mixture of teriyaki* and soy sauce to marinade while on the grill!
4. Morningstar Farms Asian Veggie Patties
- Grill it up, add a slice of mozzarella and provolone cheese
- Lettuce, tomato, onion, and a dollop of wasabi mayo
These are just a few of my recommendations for a delicious summertime meal!
*Teriyaki Sauce Recipe
2/3 cup mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
1 cup soy sauce
4 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1/3 cup white sugar
7 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 dash red pepper flakes
black pepper to taste